Abilities First LLC
Abilities First LLC specializes in Occupational Therapy evaluation and the treatment of infants, toddlers, adolescents, and teenagers.
Our highly qualified Pediatric Therapists provide individualized treatment from a sensory integrative, play based approach.
What are some of the issues that a pediatric Occupational Therapist would work on?
- Managing meltdowns/ improving self regulation
- Manipulating tools: scissors, fork/spoon, pencils/crayons
- Self care/dressing/grooming (including zipping, buttons, and shoe tying)
- Prewriting: coloring, drawing shapes, draw a person
- Writing skills: printing, cursive, keyboarding
- Visual perceptual: puzzles, matching skills, foundational skills for reading/math/spelling
- Visual motor: eye hand coordination, imitation of movement, building/construction, writing
- Feeding: oral motor skills, self feeding, helping the ‘picky’ eater
- Motor planning: helping the ‘clumsy’ child who falls a lot, bumps into things, and is awkward in movement
- Sensory registration: helping the child who is hypersensitive (over registers) or hyposensitive (under registers) to sight, smell, sound, taste, movement, touch, or pressure.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 440-333-1880 or use our online form.